Why does the aurender N100h sound so bright and edgy

Have ps audio direct  stream dac hooked to the aurender n100h , replacing my Mac mini ,the sound was bright and edgy with poor bottom end  , playing through my Franco serblin ktemas , and WYETECH Ruby momoblooks  must be a defective unit
pavpet
@pavpet  my brother is using bridge II with his Direct Stream.  Excellent SQ and bridge II is very stable.   He serves from JRiver in a mini.

Both of us had PerfectWave DAC MKII with bridge I.  Very good SQ but bridge I was very unstable.   It hangs and requires a daily reboot but appears problems have been addressed in bridge II.
I have the direct stream dac as well , using jr, with Mac mini, will purchase bridge || as well , aurender what a disappointment
FYI, you can also run MinimServer in a NAS drive where music lives so don't need PC to play music.   This is how Lumin works.

Installing MinimServer on a QNAP NAS

Installing MinimServer on a Synology NAS
I'm with @audioman58 on this one. I have an Aurender N100H connected to an Ayre Codex DAC using an AudioQuest Coffee USB cable. I did upgrade the power cord to a Pangea on the Aurender.  Very happy with the results, better than any CD player or transport I've used and certainly better than the mac air I was using.   
Thanks everyone for there comments being an audio file since 1970 , I know if something sounds right or it doesn't, 5 min listening to the aurender , sounded like everything played was MP3 quality,and I immediately checked this out ,as it was a borrowed unit from a friend with music on it, so my only conclusion must be fawlty unit, when aurender is out of system everything is glorious