New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
Jbhiller:

Your analogy of the table sounding like it couldn't loosen its top button when it is in auto mode is a perfect description!
In life we are always presented with choice and I feel i took the right one. I owned a Clearaudio performance DC and then upgraded to Gyro SE which I still own. Then i heard the GAE at Fidelis Audio in NH and completely fell in love with it. I bought it right away and rushed home to install. I'm using Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge right now on the technics and a Lyra Delos on the Gyro. I am also using a Record weight with the GAE. After a year of side by side use i've come to the conclusion that I will put for sale my Gyro SE since it is not used as often. every time i get a new record or want to enjoy one of the  best for my collection the GAE is the indisputable choice. I Agree with the other owners in the forum about the build quality and sound. I just don't feel the itch of upgrading anymore with this TT. Speed control is also way better than the Clearaudio and Gyro. I don't think i will ever sell my GAE. I might get another turntable to replace the Gyro eventually but the Technics will stay with me forever
Just a quick post to say thanks for sharing the evolution of your TT journey balboahu.

Yours is the kind of post I like to read.  Someone who comments and makes a decision based on three quality components of the same type that you have owned, in this case TT's.

The Clearaudio and Gyro SE are no slouches so when you say you are only keeping the Technics, that speaks volumes!  Good for you and enjoy it as it will be around a long, long time.  They last forever.
Just a FWIW y'all, regarding the original post.

We have successfully mounted a 12" Triplanar to the SL1200GAE. The combination is fabulous!
That's Super!!! I would be interested in the details! Especially the music. Kept wondering if you really accomplished it. I would think that this will impact All TTs.
Can you give me hint at cost beside TT and Triplanar ???

Thanks
Norbert