Runco Plasmas - How are they different?

Hi

There doesn't seem to be much knowledge on Runco plasmas anywhere on the internet.

These plasmas seem to be twice the price of the competition (Panasonic and Pioneer, etc). My question is: Do these runco Plasmas offer something that the competition does not?

I have walked through all the mass market stores (including twweter) many times and stared at all the TVs: plasmas, LCD, rear projection, etc. EVERY single one has a bad picture to me. If you look at edges when there is movement, there is extremely obvious pixelation and distortion. This is very distracting to me, and I would never make a serious investment in a TV that had this problem. Maybe the runco is not plagued with this?

I am interested in experienced opinions: people who have spent time with the Runcos. Speculation is not of interest to me.

Thanks!
goatwuss
The only question I have is the mention above of Runco adding their own glass. What does that mean? The glass and pixel structure are the same thing- pixels are embedded in the glass. There are differences in pixel structure. color filter layer placement etc- but I wasnt aware you could seperate for example, a pioneer glass/pixel component and add on Runco glass.

A plasma is really three parts, the glass, the electronics, and the power supply. A big generalization to be sure but correct in concept.

All I can say is, at CES this year during the avsforum.com party, Sam Runco was joking with us ( from the stage of course) about how he would figure out a way to get our money. He was talking about the cinescope stuff and also some unmentioned stuff for DIYers who dont hire companies to do custom installs ( basically all of us at avsforum).

The point I am making is that all of us plasma folk at avs dont have Runcos because if you know how to set em up and know about DVD players ( the good the bad and the ugly) as well as other factors--there is NO visual benefit to owning a Runco say, over a Pioneer Elite, or a Panasonic for instance.

If there was a difference in PQ, it would at least be discussed in some detail, similar to Fujitsu used to be ( still a bit even today). Runco being more expensive is not why the avsforum posters don't own them.
Is there a forum that I can get help on setting up my Runco Pl 42? I just bought it from a friend a need a little help... I have had no luck searching the web so far. right now I have it hooked up to Comcasts DVR and I just ordered a pl 50 scaler for it. I notice after it warms up after an hour or so I see purple shadowing in bright white background, like clouds in the sky... Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks... I do have to say Runco's customer service is stellar! They send me a setup manual and remote for free...