When and how did you, if at all, realize vinyl is better?

Of course I know my own story, so I'm more curious about yours.  You can be as succinct as two bullets or write a tome.  
128x128jbhiller
Teo_audio are you speaking of genetic engineering in humans? Or epigenetics? Or both? 

Might I suggest using the term phenotype instead of the bulky 'the physical reality of the physicality of the genotype'? Unless you meant something other than phenotype by that phrase.
We're already seeing self selection of genes based on wealth.. I wonder what types of genetic correlations we'll see within these self selected groups. And if/when those differences become isolated and pronounced enough to produce what would be considered two separate species
I’m not an expert in the technical language or the exact descriptors, so my descriptions will be fraught with errors, misconveyed meaning, etc.. But the shape of the issue or considerations involved in this, can be seen. Look at the what is outlined, not at the technical language couching issues.

I apologize for not being perfect. (non-emoted statement, nothing intended) I’m trying to show that...the reality of what digital audio as a world of music and life in general is.. that this question and answer can be seen as a part of a story that is much greater. That this music scenario is just a symptom, a sign, etc.

When genetic testing costs and associated factors began to drop to the levels it is at today, scientists could embark on these more detailed and complex questions, with some form of answer now being possible to emerge.

IIRC, they may have started with stressing populations of mice. And then doing genetic testing generationally, and correlating back to the complex social behaviors in these captive populations.

They found all the correlation they thought they might, in human populations that have undergone much stressing, regarding upheaval and change.

Never mind things like the idea of a viral injection into a group as a vehicle for genetic shifting, or choosing genetics of a child, and so on...which are already strong possibilities and even realities... with today’s known science. That’s a totally separate question that can be included as backdrop addition, but likely not suitable for this forum.

That can of worms being opened has also shown this far faster shift in humans via environment, which is connected to the music in a visceral fashion. Eg, we’ve recently found via the sciences, that humans seem to process music in the same part of the brain we process and deal with sex. Which is core. As core as it gets. Total reptile base level stuff.

Which helps explain the issues that erupt on audio forums like this. The reptile brain takes over and disarms and defeats the so called consciousness aspects of the human. After all, that’s it’s job. Consciousness is a privilege or aspect of a complex social/environmental scene, it is not a core requirement for species survival.

Just to be clear, this is the Ken Hotte portion of Teo Audio, not Taras. So if you encounter Taras at a show... this little conversational bit is mine, not his. ;)

Consciousness is a privilege or aspect of a complex social/environmental scene, it is not a core requirement for species survival.

Really not sure about that statement. Lots of very old-school assumptions embedded there. I'd say 'consciousness' is a lot older and deeper than just humans, and long a key to "species survival." 

In other news, I appreciate Ralph's point about how the cheapness of digital recording contributed to its dominance. I can remember recording on analog equipment in the 80s, and marveling at the beauty of the playback on a good reel to reel machine (can't remember the make).  I don't recall ever having that feeling with digital recording.  

But on the other hand, one has to recognize that the cheapness and ease of digital recording and reproduction has led to an incredible amount of musical creativity, whether through digital sampling, listeners 'curating' huge collections of diverse music on their hard drives, or the democratization, to a point, of musical recording.  Digital has been detrimental but in the very limited (and elite) value of accurate musical reproduction in the home. 

Really not sure about that statement. Lots of very old-school assumptions embedded there. I’d say ’consciousness’ is a lot older and deeper than just humans, and long a key to "species survival."

Personally my take away is that you are saying this for others, not as a jab at me. Seems logical. I mean no such thing as you describe. The opposite in fact. But it is a debatable aspect of life tied to biological systems, as we know them. Stated as a off to one side factual manner as we are rarely in an environment, concerning forums and the written word, where a balanced open view is functional, in it’s intent, for the majority. Overstated and offside, so more can get the point. Layered psychological subterfuge and intent in the written word.