movie system

ok here is my situation i am a two channel listener and will continue in two ch. since a couple of things are happening....i am on a fixed income...disabled...so every penny spent has to be closely monitored. in saying that... i own a sony 32 in wega ..use direct tv..my wife wants to what more movies and i am in agreement but i want to know the best for the money, inexpensive way to get a move experience . i know i can go to best buys and get a sony two hundred a fifty dollars player and five speakers and i can do that, but i do own a pioneer elite dvd player..so what do i do , i know you gonners have a solution for me..thanks dwhitt
dwhitt
thanks sorry about the response i had a bad night and didn't respond very well to not receiving anything for a while......great thanks the pansonic rec. sound s good the movie system is going to be seperate because i am a two ch. guy and wouldn't mess up my tubes and vandy's for nothing....
I second the fact that you probably don't need a center channel. Look for a used or old stock 5.1 receiver (Marantz, Denon or Sony) and a decent subwoofer. I don't know what your current room is like and how you would wire the back speakers but one solution is to do in ceiling speakers. Cambridge Soundworks sells their B-Stock speakers on ebay at a very reasonable price w full warranty's. I don't recommend them for the front speakers but for surround and in wall I think they're a good value.
If you want to go really cheap, just get a 2 channel receiver, 2 front speakers and a sub and you'll be 80% there.
If you want to really get a movie experience, take a look into a projector. You can start by shining it on a wall, then graduate to a screen. Nevertheless, there are good projectors that can be had for reasonable money. Your pioneer elite will get the job done well too.

I'll also post on your other thread about the remote.