Placement tips for Synergistic Research HTFs

I just bought 15 HTFs and will also be making about a dozen of Ozzie's homemade models.  While I will re-fresh myself with SR's placement tips, and I get that I will have to do some experimenting to tailor the HFT effect to MY listening room; are there any "Advanced HFT Placement Tips" some of you would like to share with us?  Something that might be overlooked by many of us?  Or maybe, just a good rule-of-thumb tip for someone just starting to use these?
The tips could be tips for bring out more highs, solidifying the bass response, placement hi vs low, in front of vs behind speakers, on side walls, at reflection points, behind the listener, on the ceiling above the equipment or above the listener, on the equipment.
Any ah-ha that you would like to share?  I would also be very interested in hearing from people using Magnapans.

toolbox149
@ozzy thanks a million! It's nice to have something productive pop up between the bickering.
I just checked out the tiny metal bowls... They're for fly tying! That's great! I used to tie flies and go fly fishing a lot in middle and high school.. I never wrote have thought to look for tiny bowls there. How the heck did you find them, Ozzy?
geoffkait,

Your repeated use of epithets does not reflect well on your contributions to the forum. "Grasshopper, knuckleheads, nerds, little old ladies." What do think you are gaining by being condescending and insulting? New customers for your $100 resonator cups? It behooves us all to show respect for one another here. Of course, I don't take this personally because I know it comes from someone who seems to be "challenged" in this regard, lamentably.

You originally stated, "Also keep in mind Tchang’s diagram is indicated on his web site as pertinent ONLY to his Silver and Gold tiny bowls". In fact, if you read Franck's site closely, this is not indicated anywhere on his. You have stated Franck's diagrams do not "apply" to other resonators. But Franck himself does not say this. Franck obviously created the diagrams for his own products. But this does not mean, ipso facto, that they cannot be used successfully with other resonators. The fact is that they can and are being used with other resonators with very good results -- in spite of your statement that they do not "apply" to others, which you falsely attribute to Franck..

Also, Franck Tchang produces 2 models with 5 kinds of bowls for each model, including platinum and copper. So, your statement regarding 2 and then 3 bowls was obviously inaccurate, as I pointed out.

You recently stated, "Exactly. And his bowls are gold and silver and platinum. His diagrams don’t apply to cheap DIY knock offs. Hel-loo! Your comments remind me that you can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. Look within, grasshopper." I reflect this comment back to you -- "Cast out the mote that is in thine eye." Luke 6:42. 

Your reference to "cheap knock offs" is cute. What difference does it make how cheap a "knock off" is, if it works? Perhaps it makes a difference to makers like yourself who are trying to sell $100 resonators. It hurts to hear that a $1 "knock off" offers stunning results. In fact, others are picking up on this and are also getting good results -- belying your negative statements. Are only manufacturers of expensive products entitled to make claims regarding resonators?

Your reference to horses and water deserves a hearty lol. It is obvious that $1 water is too cheap for someone who is trying to sell water at $100 a cup.
toddverrone,

There are other products out there that have proved superior in my system to those that Ozzy recommends. They may be great for a lot of systems but you might want to check out various kinds of cones and cups to see what works best in your system.