Too Much Power?

I have a question that relates to the maximum power output of new Bel Canto Ref 600M monoblocks, which I am considering to replace the Audio Research 150.2 SS amp I am currently using in my main system. (Yes I am another of the "lunatic fringe" who enjoys the results of good quality Class D.)

The Ref 600Ms are  based on a Hypex Ncore module, and are stated to produce a maximum power output each of 300W into 8 ohms.  My question  is whether this can prove to be a problem in powering my Focal Alto Utopia Be speakers, which are stated to have a "maximum" power handling capacity of 250W each (their nominal impedance being 8 ohms).

I listen to mostly classical instrumental and vocal music and other acoustic instrumental music, and do not listen at particularly loud levels:  the ARC 150.2 is rated at 150W per channel into 8 ohms and it has never in 10 years appeared to go even close to its limits; I rarely if ever  turn up the volume control on my ARC LS-25 past the 11:00 o'clock position.

Should I be concerned about the Bel Cantos damaging the Utopias, given the speakers' 250W per channel maximum capacity and the 300W per channel output potential of these amps?  The Be tweeter and other components of these speakers can be very expensive to have to repair, not to mention the inconvenience and aggravation which I really do not need. 

Thanks in  advance for any thoughts or advice on this.

northernfox
When you have met several people who are screwed by different audio companies I understand the feelings of these people.

Audio is very personal and I have seen people being depressed by the sound they had. They had any reason to be upset. It is caused by the lack of knowledge and missing true dedication in audio of those people who work in audio for their personal benefit.

I love music and audio and I do this with full dedication and passion. This is a thing what is not common anymore. I could not do it on the way most people do it.

I want people to be treaten as a human being and not as a number. People need to learn to have respect for their clients. I have to agree that it is difficult for me to be nice to the people who screw their clienst which I met.

When audio is only business for you, you will never become happy with your job. And you never will be able to add anything in this world. I think it would be time for these people to look for another job.

Many people in audio still think it is 1980. They often only sell stereo. And believe cd players are the way to go these days. They did not develope them and never grow with time.

I started to work in audio in 1998 and now in 2017 it is a different world. And there are so much more options and techniques what can create a superior level compared to 1998.

Most people in audio are not able to grow with time and have been stuck all this time. This has a negative influence on people who are interested in audio.

The other negative part is the low quality we see and hear in many products these days. This will also have a negative influence on people who are interested in audio and music.

They way people work and think in audio it will never get better, but worse. When you don’t change there is no way back.

Only doing it differently and more focussed on the needs of people there is a chance it could change.

But when you keep it the way it works now, it only will increase. I think there is nothing to loose. So give people more quality and a honest advice.

He's right…all the "low quality" these days is part of the fact that we're all doomed…"They way people work and think in audio it will never get better, but worse. When you don’t change there is no way back." Personally, I'm taking Bo1972s advice and changing…to something…anything…also, his point regarding employment, "When audio is only business for you, you will never become happy with your job. And you never will be able to add anything in this world. I think it would be time for these people to look for another job." Bo is nothing if not utterly compassionate.
"people being depressed by the sound" of their audio system is a first world problem

I think bo1972 may have been depressing the first world for some time now.

Hi Noble, not sure which World BO1972 may be busy trying to depress, but it isn't my World for sure... Whenever I get a wif of an underappreciated-narcisistic-messianic pronouncement anywhere, and in any human domain, I cringe.