Wrapping my head around MC carts. HELP!!!

So, I recently took a head first dive into rebuilding my hi-fi system, and have been quite pleased with the results.  I picked up a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Espirit with the Ortofon 2m Blue cart, a Vincent Pho 700 pre, and a Jolida JD301BRC.  So far, haven't been disappointed.   But I've been bitten by the bug by all of this, and have been researching and trying to understand cartridge compatibility, in terms of compliance with the tone arm, and the output matching  with my preamp.  Specifically with MC carts. It seems to be going over my head. All I've been able to figure out is that the tonearm on this deck is 6g, and the input impedance of my preamp is 100 ohm, on the MC setting.

Was hoping to maybe get some elaboration on how this effects what I'd be able to use with good results in my set up,  or recommendations in the <$600 range that would suit this setup. I've found online resources, but still ended up with more questions than I went in with! Thanks in advance!

tehchuckelator
Very much so!  One more question regarding HOMC vs LOMC.  I wonder, since we oftentimes see the same model cart in a HOMC and LOMC version, does the tonality differ greatly between the two different outputs? Or are they fairly similar?
Having had both, I wouldn't say that tonality differs that much.  There are very musical MM and HOMC's out there that offers superb tonality.

But I have found that LOMC's are much more accurate with the ability to extract more musical detail due to their faster transient response.  And they are also more dynamic which is a biggie for me.  These are characteristics that I feel are important in a cartridge so I probably won't back to an HOMC anytime soon.