Thrift buy : Klipsch Reference 3

First experience with a Klipsch Reference product. Granted these are slightly older (early 2000s), but still have the classic trademarks: horns mated to conventional drivers (dual 8s).In this case, these are titanium horns. Not sure what the lower lines utilize (aluminum?). At any rate, first impressions: these have a big sound, with exceptional clarity. Not as bright or forward sounding as others have suggested, but nicely balanced. Granted, they don't do the "spatial" depth trick or 3D midrange some higher end speakers accomplish, but they don't have an Achilles's heal either. Pleasantly surprised by the low end. Not boomy, but highly musical. If anything, a touch lean. Although these are large speakers by most standards, those seeking earth shattering bass might be disappointed. An impulsive used purchase, these have a huge fun factor. They play loud and cleanly, they also excel at low volume listening. Percussive instruments really shine, with great separation, and nice attack. Vocals also nicely rendered, with very sibilance. Midrange could use a touch more meat, but I'm nitpicking. 
128x128phasecorrect
Thanks for responding. These are the RF 3 model from circa 2001 era. TNT audio (Italian) gave these a stellar review, claiming they were a bargain at twice the price. Anybody know the pecking order with these Klipsch. The model they replaced? The model that replaced these? As for the midrange, the intergration between the horn and the other drivers is seamless, which is often the main culprit. These are a phenomenal value in the used market. Unfortunately, they are quite large + heavy, so shipping is questionable. Anybody know where I could locate spikes (size) or original speaker cones? Parts express?
A buddy of mine had the RF-3's for a while and he thoroughly enjoyed them.  

A rough pecking order of discontinued Klipsch Reference.

Reference I & II
RF-3, RF-5, RF-7

Reference III
RF-15, RF-25, RF-35

Reference IV
RF-52, RF-62, RF-82, RF-63, RF-83

Looks like these guys are a good source for woofers.

http://reconingspeakers.com/product/klipsch-rf3-k-1083-8-woofer/

Bill

Anybody know if the entire Reference series utilizes titanium tweeters such as the one in RF-3? Also, any lower lines utilize (SF-2,etc) use titanium as well? Helping a friend locate some used Klipsch: which towers (reference or not) utilized a dual 8 configuration besides the RF-3? thanks!
I think all Reference use titanium tweeters but not all are compression drivers.

These Reference towers all use twin 8" woofers.
RF-3, RF-5, RF-35, RF-82, RF-82II, RP280F 

Where does your friend live?

Bill