Hydra vs PS Audio vs Equitech

I am looking for something to clean up the sound on my system and let the music shine through. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience between Shunyata Hydra, PS Audio, and Equitech? What are the strenths and weaknesses of each?

I will be using the units to plug in the following

Ayre V-5Xe
Arcam AV8 Pre/Pro
Arcam DV-27
Marantz MA-500 monoblocks
kmiller5
If you are looking into balanced power, make sure to include BPT (www.b-p-t.com) as they also have been highly regarded.
I think the PS Audio regenerators - "Power Plants" - also feed balanced power. They also give you the option of changing the voltage and frequency or using a hybrid non-sine wave as part of their "Multi-Wave" circuit (which sounds best on my preamp.)

Bob Wood
http://www.GreatHomeTheater.com
Dbld -- one way (to get protection at the breaker) is to wire a small high-speed diode from the "house" side of the breaker to ground inside the panel. If there's a surge, the diode will "ground" the breaker instantly tripping it before the surge can go down the line (the fried diode must be replaced but, they're only a few cents) This method does not comply with electrical codes in some areas but it is effective.

Another way is to install devices such as specialized breakers or surge devices mounted at the panel itself (cost a few hundred dollars) designed to protect the several circuits. These are "resettable" and for that reason may not always trip at a low enough threshold to protect delicate equipment.

I recall reading about some of this equipment on these forums, so you might try a search here.