SS preamp with tube amp

I toying with the idea of using my Esoteric integrated as a preamp to pair up with a tube amp.  I'm wondering if I will get the "tube sound" with this set up.

Ag insider logo xs@2xgreginnh
the thing about the power amp is that it must interface with and control the speaker, besides delivering adequate current, etc. so it never clips

other than that I think atmasphere put it well

for the record, I have a tube pre-amp - the ARC LS25 MkII (which replaces a Sonic Frontiers Line One I've had for ~20 years) and my Sunfire amp is SS which I may replace for another SS most likely - have had it for ~20 years and before that an Adcom

they drive Maggies (for the last 20 years; before that Vandies)

I am highly likely to upgrade the speakers and source material before changing the electronics...
For the record, I am very happy with my integrated amp. I was just curious if the SS preamp made sense as I had an opportunity to scoop up a MC275 for a great price.  It's just an OCD thing with me, I can't leave well enough alone!  

My second rig is a Primaluna DiaLogue premium paired with Audio Physic Tempo Special Edition speakers so I will have to "settle" for that sound in my living room!  

Thanks for all the great advice!

If you got that Mac a good price, hold out for a good tube preamp at a good price and then see what you think!

I am running a Rotel 1068 with a tube amp and the sound improvement was very great.

It is powering Magnepan MG1 Improved speakers at 24 watts
per channel and still will get very load.

I didn't even think it would power the maggies so I was very surprised that it sounded so good and would drive me out of the room when turned up.

Greg

At present, i'm extremely satisfied with Bryston BP26/MPS-2 as Solid state preamp controling the Rogue Audio valve M180 monoblocks. The speakers are B&W 803 D2

Sources are VPI TT. BCD-1 CD player & Magnum Dynalan analogue & internet tiners.

Very Happy with a distinctive sound quality.