I'm considering replacing my passive preamp with a tubes. Is it worth it?

I would like to know if it would be worth it to trade my passive preamp for tube.  Would the change make a significant improvement?  

My setup:

Magnepan MG .7
Mod Squad Line Drive passive preamp
Bryston 4b-st amp
Rythmik f12 sub
Bluesound Node
Tidal streaming

My budget on a preamp would be $1k.  If the answer is "yes" then opinions would be welcomed.

thanks

amritash
I have used Audible Illusions L1 tube pre-amp very nice. 
Do a google galen carol (out of TX) he sometimes has refurbished AI under $1K. 
... I just recently upgraded into a new-to-me Rogue Ninety-Nine and Bryston 4B-ST, and am very happy with the results coming out of my Gershman Avant Garde RX-20 speakers...
One of the finest designers and manufacturers of pre amps, Mr. Emmanual Go of First Sound, started by making passives and now produces only actives.   

That is in itself is a statement given the superb quality of his products.  Vacuum tube pre amps at their zenith.  
I just auditioned the .7 with a NAD C 368 and the Rogue Sphinx -- so two Class D power amplifiers, but SS pre on the NAD and tube pre on the Rogue. On those two, it was a pretty marked difference in treble and how forward the sound felt, with noticeable brightness with the NAD. We were listening to a Wynton Marsalis CD, and it was like his mute popped halfway out of his horn on the NAD compared to the Rogue. And I'm honestly not sure which I prefer, but it's certainly different.