Is a low output MC superior in sound quality to a high output MC??

I have seen a few  short comments over the last year on Audiogon and in few audio magazines about the differences between a Low output MC versus a High output  MC. 

What might be the pros and cons of these two designs, and in general which offers the better sound quality even if  both are  the same brand??. 

Thank you, S.J.    

sunnyjim

Let me work backward

To paraneer,  Thank you. That information is valuable. FYI, U- Turn's designer Ben Carter claims he has received several testimonials about the synergy between the Denon DL-110 HOMC and the Orbit Plus tonearm.

As far as the SS "Otello" I am not sure putting a $479 cartridge on a U-Turn table that cost me $409 including the their optional cork mat makes sense, but it is something to consider, if that is the best match up and will provide the best sound quality.

To willewonka,  Thanks for the heads up about the Moon LP110 adjustments; I have looked over the manual and understand the adjustment that are offered. Right now I am just using the "default" setting and did not have to open the chassis to make adjustments. 

To Chakster: Thanks for the additional info regarding the HOMC versus LOMC  issue.       SJ

Sunny, Many others put $5000 cartridges on $5000 turntables, so I don't know why you would hesitate to try the Otello on the UTurn.  It's a bit odd to me in fact that many people seem more willing to pay thousands for a cartridge than for a turntable.

To lewn,   That is a good point. My thinking on the issue of  the SS Otello cartridge with the U-Turn TT, is that platform and tonearm a worthy match up.  Consider the fact that a few audiophiles will invest in a "armless" table, and seek out the a seaprate tonearm compatible with the cartridge they want and have selected. This is understandable specialization like buying a separate phono pre-amp to insure the best performance from an analog set-up instead of using the phono stage in a integrated amp or pre-amp. 

My concern is getting the most out of a cartridge for the TT and  the arm I currently have. The only time I  purchased a separate arm for a table was in 1988 when I owned VPI HR19 Jr.and installed Audioquest PT-6 tonearm That was almost 30 years ago and audiophile market was  readily open to a separate arm and  an armless table. It was the mark of being a serious audiophile and/or vinyl lover. I don't think that is as  true today as it was 30 years ago. Many mid to high-end tables come with the brand's arm and many pre-packed  with a  decent cartridge. When you get above $3000, some brands come with their own designed arm, but generally NO pre-packed cartridge because they assume if you are paying for a $3000 plus table, you are probably going to install $1000-$2000  cartridge.

My other reason for me is I did not want to spend $479.00 for the SS Otello or possibly any cartridge. I can get any Denon HOMC or LOMC on e-bay for almost half their retail price which I know can be risky because it can be gray market junk or a worthless knock off.