Schiit Yggdrasil Upgrades

It was brought to my attention the Yggdrasil has a Eye opening upgrade in the works .
Sometime possibly spring 2017 one reviewer mentioned killer dac--upgrade from a very Good source.
I already have  this dac on my wish list .and will buy as soon as it comes out.
No sence in buying now ,then have to send back in again.  It is already very good.  it will 
Make a lot of $$ companies very unhappy !!
128x128audioman58
One thjng I can tell you even if this upgrade foesnot come out until later in the year .time tables are never accurate by company projunctions.

I had my Gungnir multibit upgraded which also applies to the Yggsdrasil.
If you look on the boards they gave the average red wima caps nothing special 
My tech which builds set preamps and various upgrades replaced all 8 wima caps with the Amtrans from Japan which are night and day better.
These are a Copper foil which is the best type vs metalized paper 
And the synergistic black fuse a dramatic difference in depth of instruments 
Separation as well as much more dimentional. The Yggs has 12 capaciyors yo replace. I even asked Schiit if I sent in  would they put in these far superior caps 
No not even if I paid them, not even a better fuse. That is why 2 of my friends did there's first for $500  a no Brainer as much as the Multibit upgrade increases resolution, the cap upgrade is more to do with realistic of instrument tonally and depth. Give it a solid 100 hours. I would do it again in a heart beat it is that good .
If in new England .drop me an email to give it a listen.
The Yggy can have a direct coupled analog output and still have its SQ changed with replacing those WIMA caps.

R2R DACs requires a post anti-imaging filter to remove the oversampled garbage from intermodulating the signal. That filter would use quality caps in either shunt and/or NFB positions to perform this task. Technically, not in the signal path, but would still influence the SQ to some extent.  

I have an email of inquiry into Chris at Parts Connexion and may be trying this mod myself soon. 

The Yggs has at least 16 of the lesser wima caps vs the Amtrans which are a 
COPPER FOIL which is a night and day better cap then the Wima sprayed aluminum particles on paper . There also may be some surface mount  resistors that Chris-parts connecxion  mat find better.  For sure go for the 1.6 amp fast 
Synergistic Black fuse  and there may be other bits Chris can better
And gor sure add 2 Bybee quantum purifiers,,and input the Furutech Copper ,hold plated IEC plug with rf filter built in . You can take this to another level if you choose to .myself just did caps fuse,  Schiit doesn't want to add MQA option 
Which is a easy firmware upgrade .if I am willing to pay for the license and time less then an hour  on my unit well under I was told .I am emailing mqa and will confirm.  Several big labels will now be on board ,that is a very good sign. I will get back to you on cost $$.
Got a reply from Chris at Parts Connexion. He did not know about what mods audioman58 was talking about. Did not know the cap values needed and wanted a schematic from me to further the discussion.

Conclusion: I will not not be modding my Yggy per audioman58’s hallucinations.