High End Amp Price Collapse musings

If Class D amplification becomes accepted by audiophiles there should be a glut of high end amps (Krell, Levinson, Pass etc) becoming available on the used market at prices a fraction of what they are now.

Think CRT TV when the flat panels began emerging.I think Ill hold off on a new/used amp purchase for a little while. Maybe I will bet a Boulder.

Has any one else considered this?

energeezer
I didn't see any mention of the relatively new NAD M22 amp (using a variation Hypex NC400 NCore modules).  It's had some favorable reviews even compared to amps costing 3x as much.  Any experience here?  

I had a Bel Canto EVO up til about 5 years ago - I preferred it in my system to my other class A and A/B amps but I never had a $10,000 amp in my system of A or A/B.  I recently bought the NAD M22 and am in process of putting everything together but in a short listen I preferred it to my Adcom GFA555II (the one designed by Nelson Pass), which I thought was excellent.  I bought the NAD here second hand so it is broken in.  I'm picking up an Auralic Vega today and am excited to hear the combination of it, my NAD amp, Rougue (tube) preamp, and some digital files.
This may sound blasphemous on this site, but I bought a 50Wx2 Tripath Class-T amp from China for a small system in my office and am amazed how good it sounds.  (Note: I have McIntosh separates in my man-cave and Krell in my living room, so I am not blowing smoke here)
A few years ago Audio Research released a number of Class D amps.  I only listened to a couple of models very briefly so I don't have any personal experience but I recall they got pretty good reviews. It seemed that if an established and quality company was making a move in this direction it warranted serious attention.  I was not in the market for a new amp at the time but I did follow vicariously their class D product line and thought this might be something I would be interested in down the road a bit.  Apparently they have since abandoned this technology and have concentrated their focus entirely on tubes.  I can only assume there was not a large enough market for these digital amps.  Anyone have any experience with any of these amps or know more about why they dropped them from their product line?
To the OP: For many of us, Audiogon has been making high-end available at affordable prices since their beginning. The bargains you are looking for are already here. My wife and I are a retired middle-class couple living on Social Security, and although we did modestly well when we both were working, we could NEVER have afforded the equipment we own today had we bought it new. Only our main system full-range speakers were purchased locally from an audiophile friend who gave us a very generous deal on them when he upgraded. All the other components in our four stereo systems were purchased on Audiogon, and we are deeply grateful to Audiogon and every seller and buyer we dealt with for making it possible. What if you buy something and want to try something else? Re-sell it on Audiogon. You won't lose much money, and you'll have learned a lot from your choices. Don't wait. Do your research and treat yourself to a truly high-end system now! 

somebody commented on Class B amps as having a place in home audio ???? where ??? do you understand Class B topology ?? not in my house !

As for Class D, I've heard the good, bad and ugly. The best I've heard to date is the Rogue Medusa (Hybrid Class D) , actually quite musical driving a pair of Martin Logan Spire's