Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
I hear the new Peachtree Novas have done a good job. I'd be curious how they sound
People either love them or can't stand them is what I have noticed. They are beautiful though. 
On the other hand, it is worth mentioning that ICEpower-based amps have traditionally been bears to break-in.... And for at least a couple hundred hours out of the box they tend to sound dry and uninvolving. 

Any idea what part of the amp is breaking in and what is happening during this process? 
Now after a very positive upgrade of my ht rig from a pair of emotiva space heaters to a single nuforce class d i am ready to be convinced.
Which Nurforce did you buy? Any idea who makes their modules? 

Hi seanheis1, I am not sure what circuit components are most prone to evolving during break-in.... I suspect that it is just about everything, from resistors, caps, boards, conducting traces, grounding surfaces, connectors, dyelectrics.... According to Jeff ROwland, capacitors and transformers are particularly slow at breaking in.... And am not sure what is the electro-magnetic phenomenon at play either.   I only know that I invariably experience significant audible evolution during break-in.... And it is not a particularly linear phenomenon either..... there are lots of dips and peaks during this period.... Gradually tapering off.

ICEpower modules seem particularly unattractive out of the box.... a more benign break-in curve can be experienced with NCore NC1200 and Pascal M-Pro2.... But do not expect miracles from any brand new class-D amp.... My experience is that patience does remain Golden *Grins!*

Hey Quido, a correction on the REF600's they use the NC1200 switching power supply but with the NC500 output board, so does the Acoustic Imagery Atsah 500's and the Nord One Up mono amps, these two amps are around 2K