Optical Audio Outputs. Is there audible differences or are they all the same?

Im not wondering about cables but the output. Lets say I put an AQ Diamond optilink from my small budget blu-ray player to a top of the line high system end system. Do i have to consider the "quality" of the output from the blu-ray player?
coree

wtf,

How does that happen? A guess manser has an account here as well.

"@mgreen27 .. despite your negative opinion of mansr, his post on that CA thread makes sense:"

Just to clarify, I wasn't singling out that quote specifically. I was just pointing out his overall method of communication. His primary motive in any conversation is to be right regardless of facts. If you challenge anything he says, he either ignores the comment, or talks and says nothing. "I don't know why you would think that.", "That's not what I meant.", etc... Stuff like that. He'll keep talking in circles while implying that he's right and you're wrong, and never give you a straight answer. I just don't trust people like that.

the grapevine does not understand light waves

I don't know mansr but he seems knowledgable - I do agree that Toslink should have no jitter problems nowadays.

I am giving information so the OP can avoid the unspeakable horror of actually listening to music
@mgreen27 .. apparently a moderator felt your post to be inappropriate for some reason. Interesting because I’ve seen worse here. Whatever.

@randy-11 .. "unspeakable horror of actually listening to music"? Hahaha!