Best Cheap Amps for Magneplanar Speakers

I want to drive some medium sized to large Maggies (1.7 or 3.7) with the cheapest possible amps that will still let them sound great.

I prefer monoblocks and by 'cheap' I mean a kilobuck or so, tho less would be fine too.  I do NOT want to spend 4 thou...
randy-11
I am currently using a full set of Audio Alchemy including their mono blocks driving my Mag 1.7s. I switched to this setup after one of my Audio Research Classic 120s sparked out. I'm very happy with the resulting improved sound stage, clarity, etc. In full disclosure I am also using a REL sub and Audio Quest cabling as well as a Silver Circle A/C filter.
Check the Absolute Sound/Robert Harley article.
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/audio-alchemy-ddp-1-preamplifierdacheadphone-amplifier-dpa-...

I biamp mine Maggies with Bryston 3Bs ...I bought them used and they were not particularly expensive.
Hello everyone I really dig my krell 400 xi lntegrated with my Maggie 1.7s.a very good match.
been running odyssey khartago se++ monos with my mg1.6 for over a year now.  they are made for each other!