12 ft pair of thick speakers cables?? Can they be cut downt to a 6 ft pair??

I have a 12 foot pair of Harmonic Technology Pro-11 Plus speaker cables. Can they be cut down to a 6 ft pair and re-terminated with WBT banana jacks. The 12 foot pair is awkward and difficult to place, and WILL NOT stay put on "Porcelain  Cable Elevators"   

I  really like the cables and don't want to necessarily sell them  The "new"  Harmonic Technology company blew me off when I ask if they could do it??   Are there outside services companies that will do it for a reasonable price??. 

Thanks,  SJ

sunnyjim
Cable reflection can be ignored at audio frequencies (very low) and at these short lengths. The wavelengths are so long compared to the physical dimensions that reflections can be considered instantaneous at both ends and do not alter the electrical signal delivered or the output of the amplifier in any way.

Reflection and consequently impedance matching becomes important for high frequencies like your cable TV or over great distances like power transmission lines.
The hollow banana on my HT cables sheared off. HT is no longer functional. Moon Audio in Cary, NC did a pro replacement with Cardas spades. This is not an amateur project, you need a solder pot.. etc.

shadorne wrote,

"Cable reflection can be ignored at audio frequencies (very low) and at these short lengths. The wavelengths are so long compared to the physical dimensions that reflections can be considered instantaneous at both ends and do not alter the electrical signal delivered or the output of the amplifier in any way.

Reflection and consequently impedance matching becomes important for high frequencies like your cable TV or over great distances like power transmission lines."

Hmmmmm.... So, you're saying we can ignore RFI/EMI too because those frequencies are not in the audio frequency range? Lol Methinks you're confusing electromagnetic waves with acoustic waves. 

Thanks to all who have responded so far. 

To jfant, Will do. But it will have to wait a few days.  SJ