Anyone heard the Onkyo sp 1000 yet?

I am looking for a universal player to match my Von Schweikert vr4 jr's and Cary cinema 5 amp. I am using a complete Von Schweikert system with 2 subs. I heard the onkyo was excellent. Any opinions or other suggestions?
rotabel
If you like a musical and balanced sound,the sp 1000 is for you...especially whith redbook and sa-cd.
Ok. Now here is where I show my beginners lack of knowledge. What is redbook? I went to avsforum and did a search but could not find a definition. I am still looking for the audiogon search engine.
Thanks. I understand. Some of these terms do get lost when you do not spend a lot of time on the forum. It looks like the onkyo is well liked. I am not clear if they incorporate time delay in their software to cure the lip sync curse. My pre/pro does not have it. Anyone know for sure?
Demo the sp1000 before you purchase, and demo some others too for comparison. Judging from the rest of your system, you may want to test the field before deciding on the Onkyo. FYI - Since you already have a Cary, Cary will be coming out with two universals in January...maybe. They expected to have it by now, but had some "chip" procurement issues. Call them, they are small and would be happy to explain - especially to a current customer.