Budget Audiophile Looking For Amplifier Suggestions

Hi All,

I'm looking suggestions for a high quality ss 2-channel amplifier (120-150 WPC) made between 1998-2005 that may have sold for $2000-3000 but today would go for $800-$1100. What would you be looking for?

Best Regards,
Mike
mikte15
Anthem I225 Integrated Amplifier. Tons of power on tap. 225 8 ohms/310 4ohms. Awsome low end grip. It will run circles around NAD.  Can be found for $900- $1100 on A'gon regularly. Parts Connexion lists them occasionally with one year warranty. Phono and headphones onboard. Pre-output gives you options. Good luck!

N
Muse Model 100, older B&K, Adcom, etc. can still sound great in a budget system. I'm still using a Muse Model 100 as my center-channel amp with no complaints, while my other amps are Mark Levinson.
My question is does 10 year old gear perform as well as same price current production gear? For instance, something like the new Peachtree line made in Canada.
From that era, I would recommend the Jeff Rowland Model 1 Amp, wonderful sound and gorgeous build.  Jeff Rowland still owns his Company, so new upgrades and service are still available, and last Summer Jeff developed a new Circuit for the Model 1.  If you need more power, buy another Model 1 Amp and Bi-Amplify.  
And I agree with Meadowlark, I think that you will be happier with the Sound of a small, affordable, low feedback, Triode-capable Tube Amp like a Rogue Audio Stereo 100.  I would also look for older Cary Audio Amps like the Rocket 88, the CAD-50M's Ver.2 or Ver.3, or maybe some SLAM-100's.

Rob

Hello Mikte15 I just bought new amps and I have a Odyssey 150 black finish. works great, I will sell for $600. I my opinion these Odyssey amps are the best bang for the buck.  I also owned the Carver Sunfire its good but the Odysseys beat them.