Construction Question

I'm taking part of my second story 16' by 24',and raising the walls to make a theater.My question is.I've heard square or rectangle walls are bad for sound.My layout and construction are wide open.Does anyone know where a person could get some info or plans on the net?
ralphnoonan
"Not someone else's vision of what they think I want." (Ralphnoonan)

What they think you want? No. Actually you would work WITH THEM, and you would tell them EXACTLY what you want - and they would give you all the variables, options, potential and likely realized results, applications, avenues, choices, etc! In, the end, it would your your vision, mixed with their experiences. Hopefully, you would curb your choices based on their warnings on potential pit-falls - and maybe use their recommendations to help mold YOUR vision!
I personally don't think getting someone else's guidance and assistance would mean having THEIR VISION, AND NOT YOURS! (I mean if you don't want anyone else's vision -as you say - then why are you asking other people's opinion and help, if you say you only want YOUR VISION!!! I'm confused)
Remember, team work is a an extremely valuable option (Note: Michael Jordan lost a 2-on-1 half-court b-ball match up in the 80's vs. Charlie and Martin Sheen - and Jordan was the best there ever was!).
Just some input here.
Good luck on your project
Flrnlamb..I just want to build a theater.I don't want to pay someone to do it,or to work with me.If that's what I wanted I would've asked that.My question is still the same."Looking to read about the building of a theater via online or mag..Maybe find some different idea's".I appreciate your view,but it never really answered my question.
Ralphnoonan, you have to forgive us for out zeal in trying to help you put together a truly quality home theater project!
We here at A'gon (and I think I speak for many here), simply are interested in not only ourselves, but people like you who are DIY'ers (if Novices) getting excellent results from your project. Many of us know that, without some expert guidance, your system will go the route of the vast majority - mediocre-ville! And we simply don't want that for you, in our selfishness. So for that, please for give us.
Back to your question:

"Does anyone know where a person could get some info or plans on the net?"

Yes, simply go to www.google.com, type in "home theater construction techniques, and pull up a near endless supply or information pertaining to your topic!!!
You will then have about as much varying opinions, suggestions, bias's, differing design ideas, construction techniques, varying views on room dimension recommendations, structural design parameters, and as many opposing view points, as you will get by asking everyone here on this site, which equipment you should chose!!!
Sorry, but I simply don't see how getting someone to point some site where you might find "one person's" recommended building plans for your job, where you can actually decipher whether they would be what you would want to chose for your project!!!
But, that's just me...
Good luck
Thanks for the responses.I own a painting company and met a local,on a far away job.He was the installer of all the inwall,theater,nuvo,and security.He's going to come over and show me some tricks,and how to wire everything for free!..Thanks again for all the posts.
Lol! You've got to be kidding. You made it clear you wanted no outside assistance, and yet that's exactly what you did! Go figure.
Did you even know what you wanted? I think you just wanted attention.
Regardless, I hope it was everything "someone else" wanted it to be, and less!...lol