What is best tweeter height for the Devore O/96?

On the Devore Orangutan O/96 with the supplied stands from Devore Fidelity, the tweeter height is approximately 31.5 inches from the floor.  By comparison the tweeter height on the Devore Gibbon X is much higher at approximately 36 inches from the floor.  As a general rule, I always thought that it was more ideal to have tweeter height at approximately 36 inches, with the goal of having the tweeter at or near ear level, while in a seated listening position.  Why does the O/96 have such a low tweeter height?  What would be the effect of raising the O/96 to elevate the tweeter height to ear level?  John Devore could have made these stands any height he wanted for optimal sound, so why have the tweeter height so low?  Thanks for your comments.
bayreuth
I currently own a set of devore's, and like the way they sound.  listened to the o96's plenty of times and would own them if i could afford them.  I am being earnest when I say I don't know what kind of background someone has graduating from RISD and being a audio salesperson has in designing speakers.  But i guess that's a moot point when they sound great.  
While it is uncommon, it’s not wrong to see a tweeter below the mid/woofer too, with the mid-woofer at ear level.

As a speaker designer and sometimes maker, yeah, the optimum twetter location can vary quite a bit, based on it’s off-axis frequency response. For instance, a tweeter may rise or ring at the top octaves, while off-axis becomes perfectly flat. Putting the tweeter off axis essentially equalizes it, without actually using more parts, and maintains good off-axis response as well. All in all a win-win.

A speaker designer who takes this approach demonstrates good balance of techniques and better than average contemplation of the drivers being considered.  This is a variation on tilted baffles, and speakers designed to be toed in less than average, or not at all.

The speaker designer must take into account while making the crossover and cabinet, but it’s a perfectly good design choice, and in some cases better than the traditional.

Depends. :)

Best,

Erik
Erik, thanks for your clear and logical explanation as a speaker designer. I’d say that given the reviews and owners' positive feedback testimony,  John Devore is obviously doing much right in the design/building of his speakers.
Charles
I forgot to mention time and phase matching may be better by being off-axis, but that's not a discussion that ever goes well. :)

Best,

Erik