Environmental Potentials whole house surge protection, can I get your opinions?

I'd like to protect my whole house from surges rather than use individual units around the house.
The power on the NE is pretty good, but I know all it takes one bad zap. Have any of you installed this unit and do you think it works?
gdnrbob
Again you ramble on about things completely irrelevant to the OP's questions. Refuse to learn how protection really works.  Apparently foolishly assume everything about electricity is defined by the NEC.  And repeatedly make adversarial denials with subjective (also called junk science) reasoning.

OP asked about best protection for household appliances.  Protection is always about where hundreds of thousands of joules are harmlessly absorbed.  A surge that does not enter a building does not hunt for earth destructively via appliances.  One item always found and essential for protection is single point earth ground.  With a low impedance (not low resistance) connection to earth.  Requirements that exceed what is defined by code - that only defines human protection.

Protection is always about where hundreds of thousands of joules are harmlessly absorbed.  Always. Another number provided by people who did this stuff.  OP's 'whole house' protector is only as effective as its earth ground.  Earth grounds that only comply with NEC may even compromise that protection.

Most of what jea48 posts is irrelevant to the OP's requests.  Made obvious by subjective claims; without numbers.  Made obvious by no grasp of counterpoise, equipotential, impedance, joules and other relevant concepts.  And no appreciation of this prime concept: A protector is only as effective as its earth ground.  Low impedance earthing makes the OP's 'whole house' protector effective.

Post removed 
I have a  Power surge protector on my meter to my house the electric company put it on there for me it cost five dollars a month .

Sorry, I was away for a while and missed the fireworks.
In any case, my electric was gone over in 2000, the grounding, which was never tested, looks like a submerged rod just outside the house with a clamp holding a thick wire (copper?). 
Any ideas finding someone on Long Island to do this testing?

Bob