Subwoofer without hi pass filter

Hi all,
I’ve been looking to add a subwoofer to my two channel system. The one I am looking at is a Rythmik L12. It does not have a hi pass filter output (only low level input) . It will be used with Spendor 3/5’s that go down to 75 hz. Is a high pass filter necessary with a subwoofer? If so, why no high pass filter on this and some other subs I have looked at ?
Thanks much for some input on this !
Don
donvito101
Post removed 
Post removed 
" Using a passive first order filter has two drawbacks: 1) you have to know the input impedance of your amp (maybe your amp meets the manufacturer's spec and maybe it doesn't) and 2) first order filters allow too much bass to reach the main speakers."

How do you come up with this stuff? As for 1), you have to consider the amp/speaker compatibility no matter what type of xover the speakers have. I've been in this business my entire life and never had a situation where someone had the slightest trouble picking an amp that will work with first order xover's. As for 2), I can easily prove you wrong. Not only that, I think you're just making the statement up altogether. (feel to counter that by providing the reputable source where you found it.). Vandersteen speakers use first order xovers. They have a reputation for making some of the best bass in all audio. They also have a reputation for merging seamlessly with subs for even better bass. If their way is wrong, why is the company so successful? The Model 2 is the best selling high end speaker of all time. Can you show me where you got that info, as well?

All that aside, what you're doing here isn't funny. There's a good chance someone will use the info presented in a thread like this to make a purchase. Obviously, you're upset with me and some of the others from yesterday's conversation. You were the one who lied and gave bad info. Now it looks like you're retaliating because you didn't like being proven wrong. If you have words for me, fine. But don't screw someone else up just because you're trying to get back at me.

OP

Just to clarify things, if you didn't read any of the other posts I was referring to, its the exact same topic topic (First order xovers) where he was proven wrong. He's just making these comments to get back at me and some of the owners. The guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. I don't mean to make a problem in your thread, but you need know what his motives are. He's not here to help you.