Would you sell to someone with no feedback?

A new member has offered to buy equipment from me using PayPal. He/she has no feedback. What precautions should I take before accepting the offer and posting the item???

rrm
Just to add to my last post, I see most people are recommending Paypal. Paypal's great until you have a problem. The people that work there are worse than ex-con, used car salespeople, that are now politicians because that's the only work they can get. I know I joke a lot, but not this time. I'm being 100% serious. 

A Paypal issue is really 2 problems. The first problem is the primary issue. The issue between the buyer and seller. The second problem is Paypal themselves. They will always work against you regardless of the circumstances. Now, some of you will reply and state that you've been using them for years and never had a problem. I know. Me too. 
Interestingly one of my first and easiest transactions on here was selling an amp to a guy in the Arab Emirates with no feedback shipped via DHL. No fuss no muss.

My absolute worst transaction was with a guy who has quite a bit of positive feedback and is or at least at the time was fairly active poste in the forums both here and other audio related sites.

I had listed a pair of speakers that had some veneer checking on the sides of the cabinets and the face built was not visible until you got within two feet of the speakers. I rated them a 5/10 and stated there was cosmetic issues in my ad and priced them at less than 1/4 of new retail. I placed the ad with a buy it now or make offer. He clicked buy it now within five min after the ad went up.

After recieving them he called me upset about the cosmetics and basically threatened me with negative feedback unless I discounted them another $100. He said that he was far more experienced than I was on this site and that I had not properly disclosed the condition of the speakers. So thinking maybe I had unknowingly done something unscrupulous I agreed to his extortion. But here’s where it gets rather interesting....Three days later the guy re-listed the speakers for $150 more than what I had originally sold them to him for AND he used all of the verbiage from my ad except for the addition of one small sentence AND he copied and pasted my photos from my listing.

Obviously I was pretty upset and being fairly new to the site I started a thread On here to get advice about the situation but did not name him. The guy happened to see the thread and sent me a message with an offer to give me the refund back plus extra if he got his asking price if I would ask to have the thread removed. This initiated a long back and forth argument about how what he did was ok because he had added one small sentence in his ad that somehow went further into detail about the condition of the speakers, even though he rated them a 5/10 just as I had.

So he went crying to agon staffers and had the thread removed and when I contacted the moderators to ask why, they responded that it was because my thread was not "audio related" lol. I gave him negative feedback and he again messaged me pleading that I remove it. I chose not to and since have had many members who saw the feedback I left him message me and say they had very similar experiences with him,

My take away is regardless of the amount of positive feedback cover your arse, use very detailed pics, choose your descriptors wisely and of course use paypal whenever possible.
" My take away is regardless of the amount of positive feedback cover your arse, use very detailed pics, choose your descriptors wisely and of course use paypal whenever possible."

If you read my last couple of posts you may gather that I have a slight dislike for Paypal, but with regards to feedback, the best strategy is to never be the first one to leave it. Wait until everything is completely done and settled before posting.  
I did see that and yours must have posted while I was typing mine. I will say I agree with you in regards to feedback. That was exactly what happened in my situation. He immediatley gave me positive feedback once I gave him the refund but I waited for a few days and then saw he re-listed the speakers I sold him. Then I gave him his a few days later.

Another transaction I had on the big auction site was a pair of speakers I sold and the buyer stated he recieved them and one driver was blown. He pulled it out and took pictures so I contacted the site with the pics and they said once he opened them up they were all his. However I did buy a replacement woofer for him anyway and had him ship the original to me. 
Use a credit card payment, with pay pal and you are very safe.

If the delivered product is not the same as advertised, or not functioning contact PayPal.

They will stop the seller account, until a there is a resolution to your satisfaction.

The seller will not charge you, or take back the product.

You also can file a fraud charge with the credit card company.