Warm-up time for amps and preamps

How long does it take for your system to sound good from a cold start?
I try to keep my system on most of the time.  But occasionally I turn it off and it sounds like crap for a good half-hour to an hour.
i know there has been discussion here on the virtue of leaving tube preamps on all the time.
But my solid state amp (modified NuForce mono blocks) technician advises turning even them off occasionally.
128x128rvpiano
I have a bel canto power amp.
Instructions say 40 hours for complete warm-up
from a cold start. So, I leave it on unless I leave town.
Any advice from those with bel canto experience?
Tube should be designed with an "idle circuit" - if not, I'd wonder about the designer.

While heat can be a killer of electronic components, the real killer is voltage spikes.  They can happen from turn on.

Electrolytics from about 20 years ago or so are well known for some longevity issues.  Dunno if they changed the paste or what -- or if so, when...
I've got a Simaudio 700i amplifier and if I unplug it from the outlet it takes several days before it sounds like magic again.  Using the standby switch on the front panel only mutes the inputs and turns off the front panel display.  The amp stays just about as warm in standby as it does when it's turned on without music playing.  I've heard it draws around 70 watts or so in standby and 90 idling.  They must have a reason for designing it in this manner.  I never unplug it or use the rear panel AC switch unless I'm going away for longer than a week or so.
reality is your brain ......'psycho - acoustical' part takes longer than most of ones gear.  First half hour for your components, the second half our for the brain to 'accept it' !

What are all you guys smoking? With SS equipment, it only takes a fractions of a second to reach stability, with tubes it might take a few seconds only! How can you prove that what you hear 45 minutes later from the same source and media sounds any different?