Power Cable DIY - Please advise

Hi,

Im planning on building a pair of DIY power cables, I have shortlisted a few cables and connectors, please feel free to recommend which one to purchase.

Furutech FP TCS31
Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000
Acrolink ???
NeoTech NEP 3200

connectors... Furutech FI 28/E38 or FI50 gold or rhodium??

Thanks in Advance
narcissus
I've experimented in making powercords. I started with the Wattgate connectors. They sounded ok. I made a DH Labs Power plus cord first. This cable is dark,rolls of the highs,and makes decent bass,although it might come across slightly bloated in the midbass. If you want to tame a bright system down a bit,and yet increase the soundstage depth,this cable seems to do this.It really sounds good on my Klipsch Rw12d subwoofer.
As for connectors,I've found cheap Sonarquest made in China that sound considerably better. They're supposed to be ofc copper,plated with different metals. I've done many hours of experimenting with the silver,copper,gold,and rhodium,plated models.
I never believed all the stuff people reported about power cords in the past.But this testing mad a believer out of me. The silver sounds the best to me,extending both ends. The copper rolls of both ends just a bit,but makes a deeper soundstage with more midrange. The instrument focus is a bit better also. The gold is a bit warmer and rounder sounding. The upper midrange picks up a bit. The bass is not as defined,is warmer and rounded.
The Rhodium plated one is kind of hard to peg. It's close to the red copper,but the soundstage is different. The bass is not as sharp as the copper,but a bit better than the silver(though doesn't reach as deep).The rhodium and the copper are probably the most neutral.

These ac plugs are relatively cheap.The silver is the most expensive and harder to find. The Ebay seller for these is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181355696313?ul_noapp=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONAR-QUEST-CRYO-Audio-Grade-Rhodium-plated-IEC-plug-US-main-plug-sonarquest-/131144954637?hash=item1e88d9330d:g:SV8AAOxydgZTKccm

He's reliable and ships quickly. Under $35 for both ac and iec,it's worth the gamble.
There are other sellers for Sonarquest ac connectors that have proved reliable as well. So you can search ebay for the best deals.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONARQUEST-24K-Gold-Plated-IEC-Connector-and-US-power-plug-/111710396119?has...
I have an extra set of new gold like these if your interested.

These connectors have an influence on stock power cords as well. So I can imagine you might try them out on your current aftermarket cord,if they are using the Wattgates. I've tried these cables out on other systems as well.The results don't seem to be limited to my Emotiva system.
The main wire I'm using these days is the quail 14awg gray hospital grade cable. There are reviews out there as this cable was referred to as the "iron lung jellyfish"power cord.Better cables on Amazon has a 15' length for under $20. This power cord is brighter and more detailed than the volex/belden cable.It also makes considerably more lower bass.
If you want to bring down the brightness,go with the DH Labs Power Plus with the Sonarquest plugs.
It's worth the time to make your own cords because you'll save so much money. Personally,I think it's ridiculous to spend hundreds of dollars on a single power cord thats under 6 ft. of wire.

Oh,I forgot,Audiophileanswers on Ebay,and I think they have their own website,sells the DH Labs Power Plus cable in bulk.It's $8 a ft. plus shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DH-Labs-Silver-Sonic-Power-Plus-AC-RAW-Power-Cable-sold-by-the-Foot-DIY-/390...

Here's a link for the "jellyfish"power cable that I think is the best value:
https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Leader-Hospital-Grade-Power-IEC320/dp/B01C7NOPNA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&...
I use this gray cable with the Sonarquest connectors on my system.
The VH flavor power cords are using the Belden wire. You might want to experiment with the Sonarquest plugs on this wire.
I sold some of my cables to a guy using the Signal Magic cable,which I believe is the same Belden wire with Wattgate plugs. He thinks my cable with either the silver or copper connectors is better.
It's more open,makes a deeper soundstage,and has better bass definition.
I was sceptical of any differences in sound due to power cables, but experimentation has shown me they exist.. It's always amusing when people have strong opinions on things they've never tried.
@Jac

could you please describe what you mean by "quad star implementation of the internal conductors"

Have you been using the Flavor 4 cable and do you find this mod to be productive?

The VH Audio Flavor 4 cord, if constructed with Chris' purpose-built wire, does in fact consist of four conductors. The star-quad configuration consists of connecting the two conductors opposite (not next to) each other for each polarity.  For example, if the four conductors corresponded to 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock, then the 12 and 6 o'clock conductors would be connected together for one polarity (load or neutral) and the 3 and 9 o'clock conductors would be connected together for the other polarity.    The purpose of the star quad geometry is to reduce inductance - a good thing for power cords and speaker cables The ground is typically twisted/spiraled around the four conductors in the opposite direction that the conductors are twisted/spiraled.  If a shield is used, then it is recommended to place the ground outside of the shield.  It is also recommended to space the shield a bit away from the conductors but it can be difficult to decide what "spacing" material to use so many would simply place the shield directly over the pvc sheath carrying the conductors without using spacer material.  Finally, connect the ground wire at both ends and the shield only at the plug end not at the iec end.