Synergistic Research Black fuese

Who has tried the new Synergistic Research Black fuses?  How do they compare to the Reds?  If you are using the Blacks, do they live up to the hype? Thanks
128x128rnwong
@asalerno
what is your original value? I need T4A and T6.3A for my amp but can only find the next step up values are 5 and 8 instead of 4.5 and  7. Is it safe?

Thanks
Thanks for your question. I cannot recall the individual ratings at the moment but I had no problem going 1 or 2 steps higher where needed. I would only buy from Highend Electronics as Alfred was kind enough to replace a blown fuse if it failed upon turn on. I have found that the most sensitive fuse is the one usually near the power cord. I have Odyssey mono amps and each amp contains 5 fuses. The only fuse that had to be increased on the Kismets was the fuse in the back of the amp. I also had to increase the fuse rating on an old Audio Research 6Bpreamp for the same reason. In all cases the results have been remarkable. I also installed SR Blacks in an AR Ref 2 and a Manley phono preamp. Best tweaks ever. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, I'm oversea and wont have the luxury to exchange like you.

My power amp has 4A for main supply and 2x 6.3A for the rail. Do you recommend to go one step for all or the main supply only?

Shouldn't one consult the manufacturer to make sure going "one step up" in the fuse is in fact safe?  Means with a surge more current will go into the component before it is cut off by the fuse blowing.  Isn't that a safety issue for both the component and whomever is near it??