Pioneer Elite vs. Pioneer "Standard" Kuro Plasmas

My primary question is weather or not the "Elite" models are worth the extra dough ? Does anyone know if they can both be ISF calibrated ?

Thank you
jeraza
panasonic was going to make the pioneer's glass to cut down costs
that deal fell through (Panasonic dropped out)
and hence the Pioneer collape

panasonic did not make pioneer's panel

pioneer is still mkaing the best sets money can buy
the kuro takes it to another level

it will take a few generations of panasonic to catch up
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Pioneer 111FD is in fact that much better than the 110FD? I read the 111FD can calibrate itself based on daytime and night time viewing. It is discussed in the current Sound and Vision magazine.
Panasonic was making the panels and then the deal fell through.......according to two different dealers in my area. Just repeating what they told me. They were also trying to get me to buy a "real" Pioneer before Panasonic
made the panels.......go figure.
Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

We truly appreciate your support for KURO. We believe that our KURO displays are true innovators in the display business. e Our focus will be on the home A/V business, and we will continue to introduce cutting-edge products into the market. We appreciate your continued support.

Thank You,

Kathy
Customer Service Representative

This is a response sent to me Feb. 24, 2009
Maybe their right. Besides the fall in high end sales could be Pioneer sees the end of the technology. This could be the last of the great plasmas before something like Mitsubishi's laserview technology wins out.

Didnt mean to, but just pulled the trigger on the 151FD and BDP-05 from local BestBuy of all places.
Turns out they have Elite line because they shut down their higher end local stores(MagnoliaHiFi), and they were willing to match Amazon prices.
Was intent on the 111, but upon audition looked too small for my room. With speakers on side and cable image cropped at top and bttm, it created kind of an illusion of a big fat bezel and small rectangular pic...And so I up sold myself to the 60" 151. Couldnt help it, last of the great plasmas at irresistable price and terms.