Possible sound deterioration adding subwoofer between amp and speakers

Hello, I have a secondary stereo system that I'm very happy with but am thinking of adding a sub. The setup currently in use starts with iTunes FLAC files or Pandora to a very competent Russian 6L6GC integrated amp to B&W CDM1 speakers through an Audioquest USB DAC Dragonfly.  The sound is wonderful but lacking in the very lowest of frequencies when listening to some symphonic music. I have a small Pinnacle Baby Boomer sub that I might like to use but am concerned that it may affect the sound in some negative way. The amp has no line out connection so I would be using the sub's speaker jacks. The speakers have a rating of 47Hz so I am considering setting the crossover at around 50Hz to minimize its inclusion except at the lowest frequencies. Any advice would be appreciated. 
128x128broadstone
Post removed 
I think I have an idea that might work, at least it did when I was using a preamp in my main system. I'll use 2 RCA splitters from the Dragonfly sending duplicate pre amplified signals to both the amp and the sub. The amplifier is integrated and the sub is powered, even for non line signals, so I think this will work and impedance issues will no longer be a factor. I'll get the stuff I need and report back unless one of you sees othe issues that might be seen as a problem. 
It worked. The signal to the amp seems clean and the sub is working ok. The rest of the story is that I used a splitter combining R and L signals from the DAC to the mono line input of the sub. If the sub's power switch is on, regardless of the position of either the volume or crossover controls, the sub is audibly on and its volume control is fully functional.  Obviously,with the sub's switch off, the setup returns to the same uncluttered great sound that led me to buy this amp in the first place.  Anyway, I'm satisfied and thank Those who helped me with this question.