Possible sound deterioration adding subwoofer between amp and speakers

Hello, I have a secondary stereo system that I'm very happy with but am thinking of adding a sub. The setup currently in use starts with iTunes FLAC files or Pandora to a very competent Russian 6L6GC integrated amp to B&W CDM1 speakers through an Audioquest USB DAC Dragonfly.  The sound is wonderful but lacking in the very lowest of frequencies when listening to some symphonic music. I have a small Pinnacle Baby Boomer sub that I might like to use but am concerned that it may affect the sound in some negative way. The amp has no line out connection so I would be using the sub's speaker jacks. The speakers have a rating of 47Hz so I am considering setting the crossover at around 50Hz to minimize its inclusion except at the lowest frequencies. Any advice would be appreciated. 
128x128broadstone
Thanks, Coli. I got your post as I was responding to Eric. At this point I'm going back to what was working so well. 
Post removed 
I had read this info on their website before I started this experiment and chose option #2. What you're suggesting makes sense and I had even thought of trying that. After all, when I built my first amp in the late fifties I simply paralleled my bass driver with no crossover across the output posts of the amp. Back then, though, I hadn't even considered impedance as an issue. With this configuration, though, it is a concern. I'm sure the impedance would be lowered and this amp does have 4 ohm posts, but my experience with tube amps is limited and I don't know what the current draw increase would be or to what extent it might exceed the capabilities of the amplifier. 
broadstone, I have a Pinnacle Baby Boomer sub (acutally 2).  I run them with Newform Research monitors.  I tried the speaker level route and the sound degraded horribly.  The crossover and slope are It is much better to run at the rca line level interconnects in parallel with your speakers (use a y splitter if you don't have two outputs) and adjust crossover point and gain by trial and error. Depending on your components, try the 180 degree phase switch.  The Baby Boomer is nice little sub for its price point and its sealed design results in tight bass if not overly deep and loud.  I use two in my setup and it makes for a much smoother integration.
Post removed