Can a small speaker sound really really good?

Hi everyone,

So I spent a ton of my spare time making a really good sounding mini speaker because there were no great sounding small speakers I can buy. However, I got really into it because it was amazing to see just how good a small speaker can sound when serious efforts are put into achieving as many proper speaker design principles and good speaker performance criteria. Having no budget concerns also really helped.

My speaker is 5" x 13" x 5'' (WHD), and it is a 3 way design using very high quality drivers from Scan-Speak. It has a properly designed time aligned, linear phase tri-amped active crossover. The speaker is very small, but it has real bass extension to 45Hz, outdoors!  

I'm wondering, would anyone be interested in listening to my speakers and tell me a no sugarcoating answer of what they think about my speaker and how it compares to high end speakers you've experienced? My goal is to design a mini speaker that sounds just as good, if not better than normal sized speakers, and every criticism helps improve the next speaker I'm in Mid City Los Angeles, and I'd welcome anyone interested to have a listening session in my home, or bring this speaker to your home. I'm new to Los Angeles, and I'd love to meet some fellow audiophiles here.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
boostb
Can we begin this discussion with a definition of terms?

How do you define small?

<ELAC dealer disclaimer>
The Elac UB5 is a compact, 3-way speaker system that blows my mind every time I'm listening to them.  So, yeah a small speaker can sound incredible.  And, they only cost $500/pr!  :-)
-Brian
Herndon Audio
I met with Alex at Wavetouch Audio. He was a very gracious host and we spent hours listening and comparing our speakers while talking about all sorts of audio.

The Antero sounds incredible. Huge, spacious imaging with superb clarity and a beautifully smooth sound that sounds far far better than any $2400 speaker should sound. It was a real eye opener in more ways than one.

The Antero was very interesting that even though it wasn’t as accurate as my speaker, it sounded more pleasant to my ears. My speakers did not throw as big of a soundstage either, but had deeper and stronger bass. This isn’t a knock on the Antero, I’ve yet to hear a bookshelf speaker that can compare to my speaker’s bass.

Thank you, Alex for hosting this comparison. I wish the best for his business and encourage more people to hear his excellent sounding speakers.