24 fps or off?

Have a Samsung 8500 4k player dedicated to LG 6150 4k tv.  Should I set it to 24 fps or turn it off? 
128x128jpainter236
I don't see the need to turn it on. As far as I know, the only time you may need to limit fps is for a computer/video game, is when the graphics processing isn't powerful enough to keep up. I would leave it off unless you are having frame rate issues.
I would actually set it to "auto". This doesn’t force the output to always be 24fps. It allows the player to output 24fps signals when you play a blu ray that is authored in 24fps format. Other formats, such as 60hz frame rates, will not be changed. The 24fps will allow movies to be shown in their more natural format. The reason to turn 24fps off is when you have a display device that has a problem with 24hz frame rates. The "auto" feature should automatically determine this through hdmi.
" The reason to turn 24fps off is when you have a display device that has a problem with 24hz frame rates."

24fps seems pretty low. Are you saying a TV that is able to display Blu Ray quality resolution may have trouble with 24fps? 

I'm not saying you're wrong. With video, I don't know every small detail like I do with audio. I thought you need to be somewhere around 30+ fps. Maybe I'm confusing HT video with computer graphics?