floor standing speakers for surrounds?

I am looking for options on using floor standing speakers for my back two channels instead of book shelfs. does a full range signal go to the surround channels? or would this be wasting my money?

thank you
bill
baranowski
Recently.changed my crossover from 80 to 60 watched two movies today and no huge difference. i was hoping the floor standers would bring about a fuller sound. but there are two thoughts on that idea. i might be able to get another set of 804"s" for the sides at a good price. if so it will be worth a try. i would.need to raise them off the floor seeing how only the tweeter and mid would be above my couch and the other speakers would just play sound into the couch that would be blocking them.
If the issue is a "fuller" sound then that is a speaker setup issue and not a crossover issue--especially if you are getting good bass at the primary listening position. Are the distances/delays and volume all calibrated properly and if you have rom correction, are you showing any suckouts?
Do you have graphs with your package? Do you have ARC or Audyssey?
Regardless, where is it cutting off your Surrounds for crossover settings?
If you could tell me where i would find that, i will let you know. graphs as far as in the owners manual or when i use the room correction and the receiver makes all the changes and it will have graphs?