New Townshend Rock 7 owner

The Townshend is in transit to it's new home. I purchased this one-owner table as a package, complete w/ Funk Firm FXR ll arm, dc motor upgrade, Discovery Balanced phono cable and Brinkman PI cartridge. It come with all original boxes, manuals.

If all goes well, I should be able to get it up and running with one exception, my phono stage is not balanced. Since the original owner bought this from a respected dealer as a package, I think my best route would be to get a pair of RCA to XLR adapters in order to hear the package as close as possible as was intended.

Any thoughts on that aspect? What brand adapters would be recommended? Also, any thing I might need to know from experienced users to help with set-up? Thanks.
128x128slaw

Congratulations Shaw! The Rock is a very unique table, with a sound like no other. The 7 contains the Seismic Pod feet, so it has excellent isolation from the shelf it is placed upon. It requires no special considerations in set-up, except one: Do all your arm mounting and adjusting before filling the trough with damping fluid, and the same with cartridge alignment, tracking and anti-skate adjustments, as the silicone fluid is pretty heavy in viscosity.

Regarding the arm jacks, you can remove the XLR's and replace them with RCA's. KLEI and WBT are two of the best.

bdp24,

You may recall a thread "turntable isolation" (I believe) where I posted my using springs under my tt support (wall mount) and their effectiveness in which you remarked. I'm very excited to experience the Townshend table and the damping trough at the cartridge end. Do you recall the damping fluid viscosity off hand? I'm an ET owner. I've experienced the damping at the (other) end. This should be quite the experience!

I'm currently running Anti Cables 6.2 cryo'd tonearm cables. They use the latest KLEI rca's. I also used the original silver bullet plugs on my DIY tonearm loom on my ET. I'm a fan of his products.
The table has arrived. One question so far, I've cleaned the spindle and bearing shaft. (Wondering if there's a ball bearing still in the shaft?) When I place the spindle into the shaft, it spins freely. There is some slight horizontal play. Is this normal?
According to the manual, there is no separate ball bearing. Just wondering about the play?