Can you leave class D amps on and not ever turn them off?

Can you leave class D amps on and not ever turn them off?

128x128rvpiano
I think that leaving any component on permanently can cause it to lose its best performance. Even Paul Mcgowen said if you unplug all your components from the wall and then plug them right back in, it can actually improve the system's performance.
Depends on the design of the component. Some sound far better and last longer staying on. 

Hi Ph.D.... YOu are absolutely correct.... I have observed the same thing, and should have mentioned it.

Fact is that with all my amps, class D and class A/b alike, I turn them off once a week for a couple hours for the very reason..... After a week or more days of running continuously, the sound just sags a little bit.... Turning them off for one or two hours and powering them up again freshens them up nicely.

Regards, G.

Ok, I will turn my amp off for a tad and then let it warm up for a couple of hours and see what we get. I assume it still sounds best always on, but just turn it off for a tad after a few days. Strange, but I am open minded.

I know my Class D amp sounds far better after being on 24 hours. 

Guidocorona, it couldn't hurt anything to try on occasions as long as you power everything down first. You could actually leave the system unplugged for a few minutes then plug back in. This is a tweak that won't cost you anything.