Sanity test before you start this hobby

Because i think we might all fail miserably. Some may get carted off 😁
128x128oleschool
oleschool, that's how I related to it...

In my case, I've got 'champagne taste' with a 'cool water' budget.  So I fart about with what amuses me, rather than chasing the diminishing zeros behind the decimal point or perceptual differences 'twixt this 'n that...because it All sounds different to me...

...and I get gifted with 'orphans'...I returned Monday from a 3 month installation 600 mi. away to find a receiver, 2 bookshelf and a center channel speakers outside my abode without a clue as to who, why, or when.  Those questions have been answered....and I'm now the owner of 5 discrete audio systems...and limited square footage to put between them...
None of which would put the gathered audience here in any sort of state of envy, nor are any of any great worth.  I'm tempted to treat one or the other shamelessly, driving them to heat death or protracted clipping just for the demented amusement of it....much like the YT vids of cinder blocks flung into washing machines on a spin cycle.

Now....when queries of sanity arise, well....I gave up on the concept a long time ago.  I've wanted off the planet not long afterwards, but the saucer's broke.  The part itself is cheap, but the service charge to come out here on the periphery is astounding...;) 
Five hobbies that are crazier than audio, or almost as crazy:

1. Book collecting
2. Cigarette boat racing
3. Model railroading
4. Climbing Everest
5. Thoroughbred horse racing