Standmount speakers 4k-8k

On the lookout for standmount/bookshelf in the 4k-8k range. I've now got Monitor Audio GX-50 which are great for the price but I'm looking higher now. 
So far I've heard Aerial 5t, Totem Element Fire and Kef Reference one. The Kef's offer a huge sound, but are, hard to describe it, a bit grainy in tone. The Totem are sweeter, but a little dead sounding. The 5t were really quite good--fast, clear, lively. None of them had noticeably better bass than what I'm using now! so I'm still in the hunt. 
Very interested to know if anyone has heard the new Monitor Platinum II line, particularly the 100s, which are what I'm interested in. 
I'll be listening to some Focals soon, and Dynaudio. 
Any other tips? I need to get something fairly small, and very conventional looking (that's why not listening to BW D3). 

Thanks folks. 
rsg
128x128rsgottlieb
Auxinput, 
Agree with you,  when a thread solicits opinion/recommendations the list can grow long in a hurry.  There's a lot of really fine speaker  choices available yet it's impractical to compare and listen to more than a chosen few in reality. With high quality  mini monitors the worthy contenders could easily number 10 to 15.
Charles 
I had the WB Arcs which were great. Replaced the with Vivid V1.5 about 5 years ago and they are tremendous. No stand needed either.  Detailed but coherent. Easy to work into a room like the Arcs. 
The Evoke Eddie's are about $3200 right now and were designed after the VMPS 626R speakers with ribbon tweeter and neo ribbon mids.  The difference between the 626R and the Eddie is quality of drivers, crossover, and cabinet--all which are in the Eddie's favor.  John Casler was a dealer for VMPS and owned virtually all of their best speakers.  He has been selling them off since hearing the Evoke speaker.  I have not heard them, but was also a VMPS demonstrator for a few years and owned most of their models during that time.  I still have use of the best pairs of RM40's that Brian ever made in a very good sounding system.  Their sound is very detailed, open, transparent, dynamic with airy highs and very good bass.  John says the Eddie's are just more so than the VMPS line along with greater leading edge to the music.  John says they are more like live music than ANY of the VMPS speakers.  To me, that's saying something!!!
I have a pair of mint Dynaudio C1 signature mounted on the Dynaudio stand 4, which I am gettting ready to sell.  They are well within your price range.  They look and perform flawlessly.

Contact me if your interested......