Need advice on what to look for in a turntable - budget $6K to $10K

I am getting into this hobby and am now focused on a proper turntable to support my new amp and speakers (Voxative 211 Integrated and 9.87 speakers).  I also bought a new Parasound JC3+ phono stage.  While at RMAF this year I did listen to the Fern & Roby turntable and was very impressed.  It sounded awesome with the Voxativ equipment.  That being said, it would be $8K+ and I thought I should learn a little more about what to look for in a turntable and ask the community for alternatives.  Thank you in advance.
128x128mmporsche
Someone else recommended the Michell Orbe SE. I agree but take it to the next level with the full Pederson mod. A used Orbe with the Pederson mod kit could run as low as $4k, sounding better than tables costing much more. Pick your favorite arm. Many will work well. I use a Graham 2.2.

A lot of great advice here.

I would suggest also to read some reviews (like the one below in the link) just to solidify what to look for - not necessarily to pursue the TTs in the review. I personally had a Kuzma TT which I loved, have a VPI Prime now and a Micro Seiki BL 99V with SAEC arm and Lyra Lydian Beta cartridge (and a ton of other much less expensive tables). The VPI is running with Shindo Aurieges and Auditorium Hommage SUT, with Ortofon Cadenza Black. Really nice sound.
http://www.dagogo.com/category/analog-sources/turn-tables
The Reference Lenco MKI and MKII  by Jean Nantais. will allow for a good arm & cartridge for at or under $10k
See        http://www.idler-wheel-drive.com/

I went from MK1 to MK2 and now MK3.
The MK3 is fit for $100,000 & up systems

CHEERS
ROGER
You mentioned  your getting into the hobby so my question would be first, how much of a record collection do you have now. The size and quality of that will impact your enjoyment as much as a great table will. As far as tables go I like my Orbe SE but, suspended or non and looks, your ears will matter more than others opinion.