Last CD player?

Earlier this year, I bought a Bryston 4BSST2 power amp and a Bryston BP26 pre amp.  Recently I purchased a pair of PMC fact 12 speakers.  Both produced a marked increase in sound quality.

My source at the moment is a Meridian 588 cd player, which is about 12 years old.  The transport was repaired about 2 years ago, and some capacitors replaced.  I play only redbook cds, but I may look into downloading hi-rez files later.

I am wondering if buying a new cd player would produce another big improvement in sound quality.  My budget is between £5,000 and £10,000.  I have read glowing reviews of the Moon 650D and the Esoteric K05x and K03x.  The latter is rather at the extreme end of my budget, and I am curious if it is hugely better than the K05x.

I am trying to build a see-me-out system, so durability is important.  The gear I bought earlier has a 20-year warranty, which inspires confidence.  Esoteric products have a warranty of just 1 year.

I would be grateful for any opinions or suggestions.

Thanks,
Paleo12
paleo12
Paleo 
Another piece of gear that I am using with Bricasti is the Melco N 1. It has 2 terabytes of storage plus you add more external. It is made by a company called Buffalo out of Japan. It only costs 2K usd and rather then a transport Buffalo makes a CD Blue Ray Burner that I purchase from Office Depot, you can get them anywhere. $150 use. Crazy cheap and the Melco recognizes it and sorts all them music. I purchased a small I Pad and loaded a free software called Music Life from Arcam. I am in Digtal heaven now.
This review gives you whole picture better then I can.

http://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/melco-ha-n1a-part-1/

Jim
Thanks.  I was having a look at the Melco for when I decide to download and store tracks, rather than listen just to cds.  Good to hear you're happy with it.

My local hi-fi shop is getting the Bricasti in soon, and I hope to be able to listen to it in my own system.  The guy was also recommending the A + T PDP 3000HV cd player, which would be quite a bit more expensive.
Well keep in mind the Bricasti revels nuances in the music is not forward or abrupt as so many players and DAC's. Don't know your speakers. Mine are extremely reveling without being forward, thin and bright. If your speakers are not on the transparent end of things then the Bricasti may not reveal itself as great. Those nuances may get lost in the smog. But the Bricasti will take you into the future rest assured. 
My speakers are PMC fact 12, which are supposed to be quite detailed.

I am looking for a significant improvement over the Meridian 588, and I hope the Bricasti will be able to provide that.