Tube for a Noob ???

Hey all... I was hoping to get some advice on which way to go... I've been listening to digital all my life and wanted to get a taste of what tube brings to the table without changing the back end of my system... So I was thinking of either getting a turntable with a tube phono stage or getting an all tube cd player... I'll be able to run it through my processor (Classe SSP800) via analog inputs with no processing to the signal... The advantage with the cd side is I already have a library of cd's but I feel getting the turntable would be better getting that analog/tube sound I want to experience... Also does anyone know who makes a good tube cd/sacd player ? I hear that Rega makes good entry level turntables and of course need a easy to use tube phono stage... I want to be in the $1200 to $1500 budget.. And again, easy to set up and maintain...  Any help would be very much appreciated...
oem-wheels
The Modwright Oppo 105 with modded tube stage for 2 channel and it will handle your 5.1 HT as well. Works in my HT room. I stream from my network but it's also got a very good transport. Not cheap but still much less than a good vinyl setup and records are stupid expensive these days. 

i don't mind it getting expensive... i just don't want to dump $5k-6k right off the bat... i want to get a good idea in the beginning and then progress from there...

dentdog... may i ask what kind a cd player you have ?
I vote for a tube line stage and not a tube CD or phono stage. Too limiting to a single source. Most people expect a tubed line-stage (preamp) to be placed after the surround sound processor and use a home theater bypass built into that pre, but if your processor is decent at letting the signal through unaltered then you can reap benefits before it as well. And a tube pre wherever you place it can handle multiple connections from CD players and turntables and dacs. Much more flexible. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't rule out putting a new tube pre in front of your surround sound processor. You might have good results doing that and connecting ALL of your other components to it for tube sound.  Good luck.

that's a great idea mward... I assume the my pre/pro is up to the task of passing thru signal unaltered ($9000 new)... it states in bypass mode that only the analog volume control is in use... My plan is to have the Oppo play movies plugged directly to the pre/pro via HDMI (don't want movies tubed) and have the music played thru something with tubes - connected to the pre/pro's bypass section.. so I'm thinking a tube line stage isn't necessary until I want to connect multiple tube sources.. the tube cd player to start with is all I need (???) ...
Line Magnetic CD 515. Beautiful CD player and it also has a USB input to stream if you want.