Need help with wiring second pair of speakers

I am considering hooking up a second pair of speakers to my 2 channel system. My integrated amp has only one set of left and right speaker terminals. I have heard that improper wiring can cause serious impedence issues.  My amp puts out a good amount of power. My primary pair of speakers are rated at 6 ohms (nominal) and the second pair are rated at 4 ohms (nominal). 

My questions are:
Firstly, will the two different impedences be compatible?
Secondly,  do I wire them parallel with cables from the amp feeding both sets of speakers; or in series by hooking up the second pair from the first pair?  I know one of these is wrong, but not which one.

larstusor
Yes, Niles makes speaker selectors that also incorporate volume controls to balance the speakers. But as mentioned, they are really intended for whole house setups with ceiling or wall mount speakers where critical listening isn't the goal. I've used them in the past for custom installations for customers, but never for personal use so no real long exposure experience. I don't know, but it just might be the ticket for your needs.

Heres a link to a picture of the Niles unit. They also have models for more extensive systems, plus units that only switch between pairs without gain controls.

Martin

https://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/shop/111/03/27/8/niles-2-pair-speaker-selector-with-volume-contr...
Y'all have convinced me that I had an ill conceived idea. Thank you for saving me the time and trouble of trial and error.
Not necessarily a bad idea, running two pair of speakers stacked has its aficionados. Often owners of the large Advents are bent on doing this and swear by it. Had never attempted something like this so having two pair of series I Klipsch Heresys around the house and the little lady wasn't here it got me thinking.

Dragged the other pair out into the living rm and had at it. Dynamics out the ....... but the overall sound just wasn’t the direction I was going.

Attached is a pic with the stacked Heresys lol.

From the picture, looks like I had just received the Rock and a couple of Kenwood KA-4006 integrated amps and setup for testing.

http://rs920.pbsrc.com/albums/ad46/Kingshead/Mobile%20Uploads/20150506_174331_1.jpg?w=480&h=480&...