Looking to buy floor standing speakers in $1000 per speaker range.

Looking at Goldenears 700s. Intrigued by Ohm 1000's. Probably running older NAD 7225 PE. I would love to hear suggestions.
jlm51
jlm51
I started with the micro talls, and up graded to the 1000's.  It cost me about $90.00 to ship the micros back.  I really didn't care because I was so impressed by the ohms performance. I hope you like them. Happy hunting!!
Post removed 
ELAC UF5, $1000/pair, big soundstage, great snap in the bass, nice weight, excellent speed and detail, competes with speakers 4X more
What two genres of music do you listen to most? I personally do 40%Rock--40%Electronica--20%Symphonic/Acoustic.

It can go a long way towards steering you to a suitable speaker. Many speakers are designed to recreate one particular genre better than others.

For example, if you mainly do rock and electronica, I would not recommend Vienna Acoustics , though they sound fantastic for acoustics instruments.
The Tekton Lore Reference, Open Baffle or Pendragon. All of them fit your budget and which model depends on your room. Check their ads here on Agon.