Jadis JA30 Mk2, how great???

The new Jadis JA30 Mk2 is now on my radar. Does anyone here have any experience with this amp...thoughts?

Would seem to be in the sweet spot of the Jadis line.
128x128daveyf

Hi Butler:

I will post all of my system updates when I get everything finalized. There are several and I am anxious to get the amps. here for sure. None of my changes are without careful consideration and audition...most of that being in Chicago but not all. Everyone has different tastes including me but I did find George has a great set of ears for live music. Keep in mind he is a world renowned concert pianist and that certainly does not hurt the reality of listening. Also my updates caused some sales to keep the WAF factor in tact. More on this later.

gwalt

I have an update on the Jadis JA30ll. I finally got delivery of my JA30ll with silver plates. The amp. arrived at the 90 day mark from order date. This was a bit frustrating since I started selling some gear I am moving away from and I was without music for awhile. 

I have done a system re-configuration for space reasons and retirement approaching. I had ordered and now received the Gamut d3i preamp for the JA30ll to drive my new Gamut R7Si speakers along with the LV OBX-RW's. The RS7i is a very full range speaker and go down to 22hz with outstanding bass definition. The Jadis drives them easily.

My 300B Border Patrol amp. has been sold along with my VAC preamp. I ordered the Gamut preamp. when I heard a shoot-out of four preamps. with the Jadis amp. one of which was the VAC. The Gamut is a fabulous preamp. for the money and sounds more like it has tubes than SS but then you get that great bass weight and tone with a very relaxed presentation. It has a lot of refinement with terrific holographic imaging. If you are in the market for a preamp. check this one out as it is the real deal and you simply leave it on all the time with the high quality MOS-FETs.

The  BP 300B was a very special amplifier but so is the JA30ll with the KT150 tubes on the Gamut speakers and I am sure many others. I changed the amp. to the 4 ohm strap. and I believe that is where it needs to be with these speakers. Believe it or not I was driving the Gamut speakers at lower volumes with the 300B amp. and it performed quite nicely on the 4 ohm tap. with bass extension you simply would not believe.  However, the Jadis is a new ball game with this preamp. and speakers. The KT150 tube has a lot of meat on the bone over a 300B tube amp. and my BP was one of the best. All of the 300B tubes were very microphonic on my horn speakers and I tried the best. The 45 was the better fit with the horns for my taste.

I am still in break-in mode but this system so far is making me very thrilled and I do not regret my decision for the long haul. I have about 200 hours on the new components and it needs more time but it just sounds so right. I will be doing a lot of changes on my system page when time permits.

Hello Gwalt,
Congratulations with your new Jadis amplifier and recent audio system changes.  The key to long term contentment is trusting what you hear and knowing what you ultimately want. I suspect that this new system direction will keep you happy for many blissful years. I thoroughly enjoy my 300b SET based system but I could certainly be very pleased with the Jadis amplifier based on my hearing them earlier this year. Many roads lead to Rome. No doubt that your new  system sounds fantastic. 
Charles, 
Hi gwalt, glad your wait for all the new gear is finally over and you are enjoying musical bliss once again.  Please keep us posted as it goes, and thanks for the tip on that GamuT pre..........can't wait to audition it with the ja30, could be just the combo I've been looking for.  And congrats on being a trailblazer of sorts for the Jadis amp, first review of any sort I've ever seen on the MKII edition.....

Hi Charlesdad and Butler,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. As they say so far so good. 

It was a long thought process to make this switch but this combination won me over and my wire works perfect as I thought it would. Something went astray with the emotion of my old system when I had the VAC preamp. upgraded to SE status? It was a mistake for me to do so in my case. In addition, the RS7i speakers stole my heart driven by these pieces. They have bass clarity with this front end like no other I have heard before and still have tube glow and bloom in the path with all the right mix up the spectrum. I  also like the fact this preamp. needs no warm-up and is meant to be left on and has a dedicated CD balanced output that by-passes the circuit.

I would never say this amp. is better than an SET designed amp. or that the KT150 is better than a 300B as it all depends on the mate...a lot like a marriage and what moves one-self with emotion. However as Charlesdad heard (and I trust he knows his emotions) at Axponia and maybe others is that the Jadis JA 30ll has some serious heart with the music and I agree this system will provide me a happy trail for a long time to come.  I am still in the break-in phase with no fuse upgrades etc. and I have to fine tune the position of the speakers in the room.

I have yet to hear the LV either with these but it will be more fun to come.

gwalt