Subwoofer crossovers

I want to use my 2 JL113's with my 2 channel as well as my surround sound system. The JL's do not have an LFE input only L&R inputs. I think I need a crossover for the 2 channel system that I can shut down via remote so only the setting in the surround sound processor control the sub in theater mode. I use the right inputs for 2 channel stereo & the left inputs in a T configuration for mono with the surround system but the settings for 2 channel restrict the sub too much I think. I would like two differant crossover settings.
Any ideas or am I making this harder than it is.
Thanks for your input.
hevac1
Would have been interesting but I never thought of it and never tried. Now I never will because I sold my my Verities and I am using Eidolon Visions.
Hevac1, we have a very similar approach in that I cross over at 35Hz and run mains at full range. I am also using the NHT crossover (as low pass filter only) and it works like a charm. It sums the LFE to the stereo signal. Obvioulsy, it does NOT apply the Xover settings to the LFE channel but adds the "full range" LFE signal (which is typically up to 80-120Hz). Marchand will custom build you a Crossover that sums LFE and stereo as well. I believe it was Marty who mentioned he preferred the cheaper NHT though.

Funny you sould mention Floyd music. Blew up my midrange drivers listening to shine on you crazy diamond last month.
Hevac, the LFE channel on the NHT is summed to the stereo channels. It does not override it. Works like a charm. It was the only device I could find that could so this. Marchand offered to custom build me a 3 in 2 out Xover for a lot more money. Unfortunately NHT no longer makes the x2 but they show up used occasionally.
Re:

Marchand x-over. I just want to clarify my experience. I bought a used Marchand that had been re-tubed by the dealer, but it was still noisy. I returned it and bought an X2 for interim use while I decided how to proceed with a permanent x-over solution. The X2 turned out to be good enough to keep - so I did.

However, this shouldn't be taken as a thumbs down on the Marchand. It's entirely posible (maybe even likely) that the issues I had were with that particular unit, especially given that it was used.

I don't think anyone should extend my experience with that unit to an evaluation of that model. I certainly don't.

Marty