Parasound p5 vs avr ???????

I just purchased a parasound a21 and was planning on letting my marantz 7008 do the preamp duty . How much better would the parasound p5 be ??? Is it light years better or just marginal ?
nesto719
I dont know abiut the clasxic, but just take a look inside.  ;)  im not saying its a terrible preamp, but that the p7 is a much better value.
Rightly or wrongly in this audio adventure, I finally decided that how it sounds is the bottom line for me.  That's why I sold the Oppo and various Emotiva gear and ended up with Parasound and some Nad pieces.

Anyway, as for this P5, it does look a little empty on the inside for sure(the Oppo 95 looked amazing on the inside but was bested by a Nad C565bee), but I've never heard one.  I do remember that the early ones had an issue with the volume pot, and Parasound had owners ship them back for warranty repair.  

If I was in the market for a $1100 pre today, I'd have the P5 on my short list, because I've come to trust Shram, it's a solid company that really does put audio first.  Still, I'm quite happy with the P7.

@213runnin Sound trumps all if you want to live with it. If you are going to resell it, that's another story. :)

Erik