Beyond Ayre Pass and Rowland

What would it be? Transistor or Hybrid. This is a general discussion.
I heard that Gryphon and Ypsilon qualify but I didn't audition either. Lamm hybrid does too, I believe.
inna
Charles,
We must have similar taste. I don’t own Absolare, I have all Jeff Rowland components. I have no problem saying, the Absolare is head and shoulders above anything I’ve ever heard. Two days ago I listened at my friends house for 2 1/2 hours and didn’t want to leave. Voices, symbols to die for. Bass didn’t have the power, but I still submit it’s articulate and has incredible tone. If I had the money I would buy them today.
As a matter of fact I told my friend I wanted to sell my Jeff Rowland Corus preamp to get a tube preamp. Any suggestions below 20K?
Charles,
In addition, I  really respect the way you respond to threads. I always say, no absolutes with audio, only preferences!
I've always had decent gear, NAD, Cambridge Audio, etc. Then I had a Luxman integrated that sounded great but never quite had the oomph to really drive my ATC SCM 19's. 

I sold that and replaced it with a Calyx The Integrated. Class D, precise, nicely made, plenty of juice. But kinda boring in sound and completely lacking if features and sex-appeal.

So I stretched a bit and bought an Accuphase E-470. Wow. I'm sure the esoteric brands named in this thread are amazing, but I'm so floored by the music radiating from my speakers. I've been to Axpona a couple times and have listened to some great stereos, but I think the relatively modestly priced Accuphase amp has to qualify for as a player on the realm of great audio. 
Hi ricred1,
Thank you for the kind comments. When expressing opinions on an open forum there's the risk of unintentionally offending someone's cherished audio brand /components of choice. My friend's massive Krells actually sound very good driving the Altairs. The Absolare Passion amplifiers add the dimensionality and breath of life aspect that is hard to describe but unmistakable when present.  So I relate to your Absolare and Jeff Rowland contrast. 
Charles, 
Hello Charles,
Thank you for your comments. Of course, we are not talking about matches and preferences. However, usually a great piece can be recognized by an experienced listener even if the match is not ideal.
If I got it right, Absolare was somewhat deficient in certain aspects of bass reproduction but was absolutely superb in everything else, yes in that particular system.
How did Ypsilon do bass, I wonder?