Would owning Hoover Dam improve the midrange?

Saw this article about buying your own  power pole and transformer.  Guess this ups the dedication bar until the Signature pole comes out.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/a-gift-for-music-lovers-who-have-it-all-a-personal-utility-pole-14711...
electroslacker
Be careful Whart,
They just erected a few new transformers around the block from me (I passed it on my daily walk) and each one weighed just over 1,730 lbs. 
You might want to workout just a bit more before you get one. Or at least have someone spot you. :-)

All the best,
Nonoise

New power pole? Sheesh amateur.... 
Next week construction begins on my very own nuclear pile! And it will be replete with the best volume control possible. Pull the graphite control rods out for more sound, push 'em in for late night sessions.... or yank 'em all the way out when you just need to get all the way to '11'!

One man spends $40K on a power upgrade and all audiophiles are insane. Thousands of men drive around in $100K-300K autos and nobody bats an eye. I wonder if car fans could pass a Point A-Point B test? 
This in no way assures that the system will be fantastic, or even sound state of the art. 

Great point-darkj. The truth is mainstream people accept the expense of a vehicle that is disproportionate with income and wealth. How many people driving a $60k Suburban can logically afford it? Many of these people would sneer at a $2k suit-fine automatic watch or even a $100 bottle of wine. With audio anything over the price of a Bose Wave Radio or Beats headphones is considered a ticket to the mental ward!