ok im opening pandoras box here.(treatment vs framed wall art)

So i am in a dedicated 2:1 room and am treating it for sound ,it is very bright. Although I enjoy having a selection of framed pictures on my wall they vibrate and ring.I see so many unreal setups in the forum with a ton of pics on the walls. How are you mellowing the room down with 15 glass framed pics on your wall? .I realize its a battle between form and function but ...
Thanks 
128x128oleschool
davehrab
337 posts
07-24-2016 12:11pm
"The pictures on your wall are vibrating in response and sympathy to your room's 3 primary resonate frequencies being excited or over pressurized

Every room has 3 primary resonate frequencies based on the room's physical dimensions between the parallel walls for it's height .. width and length....etc., etc.,"

the vibration theory of the pictures can be easily dispensed with by performing the experiment of removing the pictures from the room fir a headphone based system, you know, one that won't excite the pictures to vibrate. The other way to test the effects of pictures in the room is tape photos of the pictures to the wall. That way you can eliminate the pictures vibrating theory.

cheers

See if you have slap echo
chap your hands sharply and listen for tinny echo

I find corner treatment placements work best
Real Traps and GIK are great sources

back wall absorbtion

GIK does art panels with professional photographs via sites like photostock or your own higher rez image. I have 3 nice pieces

i also use stretched cloth / canvas artwork - works nice, just enough absorption. You can hang a lot of art with neutral sound influence
art.com has thousands of great works

too much sound treatment and your system can sound like mud.

All the best in your journey
Just remember that diffusion is just as important as absorption, sometimes even more so.
Thanks for all the input
     As i stated earlier i am getting my audio room under control (new house) .My Ht room is big and has alot of slap echo to deal with.Which is back burnered right now ,i'm living with it .But my original post was regarding some of the mega systems here on the gon virtual.I see some serious setups and wonder how the hell does he have 20 framed glass pics on his walls??? How is he/she   battling the resonation that has to be taking place .